Functional Capacity Evaluation
Functional Capacity Evaluation is a comprehensive set of performance-based test, which are used to help determine the evaluated functional ability. This test evaluates physical strength, range of motion, stamina, and tolerance of functional activities.
- Musculoskeletal evaluation: (focus on strength, posture, flexibility, gait, and reflexes)
- Validity of effort testing
- Body mechanics assessment
- Functional mobility testing
- Functional / work tolerance testing
- 1 day format
- Test is normally 4-6 hours
- Test is either baseline or job-specific assessments
- All Functional Capacity Evaluations are reviewed to ensure each test meets Access Physical Therapy quality guidelines.